Friday, May 28, 2010

Exhausted

Have you ever taken a deep breath and realized how exhausted you are? I did that today. My friends have been going through some tough stuff today, and I've been trying to be there for them, but stuff like this, and getting ready for a garage sale just drains me. I am so tired. My feet hurt, I'm a tad sun-burned, and I'm trying really hard to keep my eyes open. You ever have days like that? When you are just so tired. I don't mean just physically, but just emotionally, spiritually, AND physically worn out.
I'm the type of person who wants to fix things. I'm the type that wants to just talks things through and work it out. I will not just let a problem pass my way without doing something about it. My problem here is that I try to load too much on myself and will just wear myself out trying to fix it. Beyond that, because I try so hard to fix it, and it doesn't always work out, I get discouraged and wonder if I do any good for anyone. Here are my two challenges for myself today: #1. To give these burdens back to the Lord, instead of doing it on my own. #2. To not get discouraged in trying to help people. Below, I wrote out Galations 6:9, one of my favorite pieces of scripture. I'm clinging to this scripture today. I hope you can draw encouragement from it as well.

Galations 6:9 "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that verse. And yes, I know how you feel. Don't give up girl. And thanks for being here for me.

    ReplyDelete