Friday, August 6, 2010

Senior year...HERE I COME!!!!

Hey everybody,
It's been awhile. What a summer...God has shown me new ways of how He can turn my life upside down. My friends have been going through some rough times, my best friend is going to college soon, and her family is moving to Texas. I'm gonna miss her. God couldn't send me another friend like Ali. I keep wondering where the justice is that I was around for her senior year, but she won't be around for mine? Well, such is life.
As I watch my senior year crawl closer and closer, I can feel my stress level go up. Deciding what college I'm going to, my major, finishing up the ACT, getting a job, playing soccer, playing in a church band, three concurrent classes, and Physics which freaks me out for some reason.
I'm still crawling along in Luke, and I came across these verses.

Luke 10:41-42a
"'Martha, Martha,' the Lord answered, 'you are worried and upset about so many things, but only one thing is needed."

I read over that, then read it again using my name.

"Sarah, Sarah, you are worried and upset about so many things, but only one thing is needed."

Sound familiar? It did to me. I was so stressed out and worried about so much all at the same time, when only one thing is important. In context, Jesus is talking about the fact that Mary was sitting at His feet, hanging on his every word. Martha was too wrapped up in her house work to notice that what was truly important was just listening to Jesus.
And that's just it! Why am I so worried about everything, when the ONE THING that is REALLY important is Jesus. And doing HIS will. If I can get that under my belt, everything else will fall into place.
All that said, Senior Year, Here I come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment